Saturday 27 December 2014

Nail of the Day + Review : OPI 'Lincoln Park After Dark'

A gorgeous maroon red is for sure the colour to wear in winter time, but why not spice it up and wear a mysterious deep purple accented with a purple shimmer, giving you an audacious look.

I recommend 'Lincoln Park After Dark' by OPI which is actually quite a popular colour of theirs. I do love a nice, deep purple especially in the colder months and what I love about it most is that it can appear to be black in the distance, but when you look closer you can see the mysterious purple hidden behind. Two coats of it were definitely needed for me as it came off quite streaky on the first coat. Nevertheless, I was pretty impressed of how bold, and pigmented the colour instantly became after the second layer. (I have the mini version that came in the OPI Take Ten set) 

You can purchase OPI nail polishes at Debenhams or Selfridges, but sadly 'Lincoln Park After Dark' is not available to buy from there, however you can purchase it on Amazon (click here to see).

To revitalize this very dark purple on my nails for the festive season, I added a layer of purple shimmer on both of my ring fingers using 'Baby Bellini' from the Rimmel London Cocktail Colour in a Flash collection. This looks divine as an accent colour especially on top of the deep purple.You can purchase it at the drugstore for £3.99. Click here to see.


No comments:

Post a Comment