Saturday 5 July 2014

REVIEW: Rimmel London Colour Rush Lip Balm - On Fire

Lip crayons have been a such large craze all over the beauty market, and almost every brand are starting to follow this huge commotion after the popular release of the Clinique Chubby Sticks. So, I decided to try out what the craze is all about. 


Last week, I went to purchase the new Rimmel London Colour Rush Lip crayon that came out a few months ago. But this time, I decided to pick out a vibrant colour instead of a rosey nude that I always tend to go for, as I want to break out my shell and start to wear bright colours on my lips for summer as vivid, bold colours are quite a trend right now. The colour I picked out is 600 On Fire. I did not get the chance to swatch it in store, so I did not realize how vibrant the colour actually is until I tried it on. The colour is a bright rosey red that can be worn as a great statement to your outfits! 


Something that I really enjoyed about this product is how smoothly it applied and its great pigmentation, which intensifies its radiant colour even more! Also, the finish if this lip crayon is quite glossy, which gives you this beautiful effect and definition to your lips. Moreover, something that surprised me within this product is how incredibly long it lasted! This lasted till about 5 hours , even through eating! This was something I was exceedingly impressed about.

Another thing I liked about it is how the fact that they've made it retractable, which for me is very versatile as I don't have to worry about it running out any time soon! So, basically it's just like a lipstick but in the shape of a crayon!


The only con within this fantastic lip crayon is that it does accentuate the chappiness on your lips if they're dry. So, I suggest you applying a generous coat of lip balm beforehand to ensure that your lips look perfect when the colour is applied. Not only the lip balm underneath can perfect the bold look, but it can as well tone the bright colour down by applying the Nivea Lip Butter underneath, which will at the same time leave you with a gorgeous, glowy finish.   

This product is retailed for £5.99 at the drugstore which personally, I think it's extremely affordable.

This lip crayon comes in a wide range of 12 stunning shades for you to choose from. Here's a link for you to check out if you're interested. 
http://www.boots.com/en/Rimmel-London-Colour-Rush-Balm_1376503/


No comments:

Post a Comment