Tuesday 26 August 2014

Revlon Colourburst Lip Butters


Today, I'm going to share with you one of my all time favourite lip products which are the Revlon
ColourBurst Lip Butters!

First of all, the packaging of them are the cutest and very chic with the quilted lids that are also translucent, which are very convenient if you want to see what the actual colour of the lip butter is.

Personally, I think they're a fantastic alternative to lipsticks or lip stains which sometimes can be a little dramatic, whereas the lip butters can moisturise and hydrate your lips with its soft, buttery formula like tinted lip balms, whilst still offering your lips with its medium - high colour pigmentation and shine,depending on how many layers you apply it with. Obviously, the colour pigmentation aren't as amazing as some of the other higher pigmented lip products as their formula is in between a tinted lip balm and a lipstick.

Something that I really enjoy about them is how smooth and silky it glides onto my lips even without using a mirror, which is perfect when you want to touch up during the day.

The lip butters comes in a total of  27 beautiful shades for you to choose from  that varies from nudes, pinks to plums and reds. You can get them in any drugstore for £7.99, if you're interested in checking them out, here's the link to the Boots website : http://www.boots.com/en/Revlon-ColorBurst%C2%99-Lip-Butter_1252852/

On the other hands, their consistency and lasting power is not outstanding due to their buttery formula, they only lasts about 2-3 hours. However, I'm completely fine with it as the purpose of them is to moisturise and hydrate your lips with its tint.


























The colours I have are Cotton Candy, Strawberry Shortcake, Peach Parfait and Berry Smoothie.

Cotton Candy is a cool pink that has a blue undertone. I don't particularly like this colour because colours that generally has a blue or colder undertone doesn't really suit my skin colour as I have a warmer undertone.




















































Strawberry Shortcake is also a light pink that looks like it's more on the peachy side. However, it somehow appears to be quite on the cold, purple side on my lips. Which again, I'm not a big fan of.
                                                                                                                                         

Peach Parfait is the newest edition to my collection. It is my favourite neutral colour to wear everyday which hence from the name, it is a peach colour with a beautiful sheen.

                   
Berry Smoothie is one of my favourite colours to wear of all time, I really like to wear berry colours in general as its warmer undertone suit my medium skintone really well.






No comments:

Post a Comment